Running BlinkToRadio using Avrora

Dear reader,
So it's time to test something more interesting. Here I assume that you have already installed tinyos2.10 and Avrora using my previous posts and you have gone through the TinyOS wiki about BlinkToRadio. The tinyos install directory contains app/tutorials folder where you can find implemented code of all these programs.

I am not explaing the code, but just try to demonstrate how to run the code using Avrora

Step1
Build the program using "make mica2"

Step 2
Convert the main.exe file to radio.od
"convert-avrora main.exe radio.od"

Step 3
Run the program using sensor network mode of avrora
"avrora -simulation=sensor-network -seconds=2.0 -nodecount=2 radio.od"

If things work fine, output will be similar to the following


Play around with the avrora monitor options to see more options
Have fun!!!!!!

5 comments:

1000 penny stock said...

its good to know about it? where did you get that information?

Gireesh said...

All the information I am posting is from my trials to learn TinyOS; that too without motes. So far so good it seems
Please post your links or code for other readers

RĂ©mi said...

Avrora is very interesting, but it lack the possibility to display TOSSIM dbg() functions with breakpoints for TinyOS programs (if it was possible I would be soooo happy)...

Manjula said...

thank you Mr.gireesh i' try it out

Kaustav said...

Hey I am a student of BITS Pilani Goa and I am working on TinyOS.I am stuck at a point and its frustrating.
Suppose I want to print some characters on the terminal and suppose I have multiple nodes for eg. like in the case of BlinkToRadio app.How should I do that.
I referred the following Wiki Page http://docs.tinyos.net/tinywiki/index.php/Avrora
and read about C-monitors but couldn't actually get the correct output
I used the following command.It would be great if you please correct the same.

avrora -topology=/opt/tinyos-2.1.2/apps/tutorials/BlinkToRadio/topo.txt -monitors=c-print -VariableName= BlinkM$debugbuf1 -report-seconds -simulation=sensor-network -seconds=2.0 -nodecount=9 radio.od

I guess the main problem lies within "-VariableName= BlinkM$debugbuf1" and I even used __ instead of $ but no use.Help will be highly appreciated